Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do you have any idea what one can accomplish with a 
Power Washer?

I had NO idea!

When we extended our deck in the back yard we could reeeally see the difference in the new wood and old wood.
Obviously, the wood on the right is the new part of the deck.

As a gift from his sweet, sweet heart
our son rented a power washer and washed the old wood. The deck, the balcony and steps down to the deck, the gate, and the entire fence - the inside and the outside!
I didn't know you could power wash wood to make it look newer again, but my son knew.
  
Part way through the job
I took this picture of the fence half washed.
I couldn't believe the difference - the old wood now looked like the new wood.


It was such a blessing to have this done. It was a lot of work. (I know cuz I watched. ha ha)
He worked from first thing in the morning till dark.
Do you know what the best part is?
To know our son has such a good heart. Of course we already knew it, but I guess I should say it is a blessing to see his heart in action. He didn't have to do that. He works hard taking care of his own home and family. Also, he helped build the deck extension. I'm sure he was tired. He could have just mentioned it to us and let us take care of getting it done. But nooooo, he went right out and rented the power washer and did it!

Proud Mama Alert...
As I mentioned, our son works hard taking care of his family and their home.
Last summer he was awarded by the city with a "Beautification Award" for their property.
There are people from the city who drive around  through neighborhoods and nominates 3,500 addresses to be voted on. There are certain criteria that they use to judge a property. Apparently he met them all in an outstanding way because he won!!! 
He wasn't trying to earn the reward. He didn't know there was such a thing. Neither did we. He just takes pride in his home and wants a nice place for his family.  (Another reason I'm proud of him.)



No comments: