Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What a lovely day it is today!
It will be in the 60's and sunny. Windy, but I'll take it!
I could have let all the things that happened this morning ruin this lovely day, but I made a conscious decision to have a great day anyway!
I woke up with a migraine, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from enjoying God's blessings.
When I heard the weather report last night I knew this would be a great day! Sooo, when I got up this morning I went to the family room and looked out the window to see the beautiful sunshine. After a couple minutes, I looked down at my car and...
saw the contents of my glove box on the seat.
I called my husband since he asked me yesterday where the garage door opener was. I told him in the glove box. (It's not to our home, but someone else's.)
I thought maybe he was in a hurry and didn't put the stuff back. When he told me he wasn't in the car since we came home last night, I knew someone had rummaged through my car.
I went outside to take a closer look...
all the contents of the glove box and caddy between the seats were on the floor and seat.
I called my husband, then called to file a police report. The only thing the person(s) took was a little change. Weird that they didn't take it all either. 
The only reason I even knew they took some of it was because I just put some coins in there yesterday. I like to have a little change handy in case someone needs a beverage while we're out and about and I knew our coin caddy was running low.
(I don't keep the change out in the open)
Anyway...
It was weird.
I am very thankful, they didn't take the new radio we my husband just put in. They didn't take any of the chargers or garage door opener or tools. They didn't do any real damage. Nor did they didn't get into my husband's work van. The door was open and the car still started right up so I don't think it happened last night, but rather early this morning or the battery might have been dead.
I am very, very thankful that all there was to it was some change missing, the door left open, and a little mess to clean up.
A little later this morning, I went to run the sweeper.
It's a fairly new sweeper - about 6 months old, but it kept throwing stuff back at me! I tried to use the "never looses suction" hose attachment, but there was NO suction!
I started troubleshooting. The canister was pretty empty, so that wasn't the problem...tried a couple other things...didn't find the problem. Decided to take the canister off and empty the tiny bit of dusty-stuff, just in case, and one of the hepa filters fell off.
It just fell right off!
Weird
It took me quite a time to figure out how to get it back on, but I did it!
Obviously, that was the problem because it works great again!
Whew!!!
There were a few other issues as well this morning, but
God is still on His throne and is in control!
He has blessed us in so many, many ways.
He loves us and protects us!
I will choose to make the best of this day because
this is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!



No comments: