Sunday, April 1, 2012

Before I show you what I did to "hem" my pants, let me say, I really do know how to hem properly.
However...
When a girl has to get ready in a hurry, and realizes the shoes she wants to wear will mean the pants are way too long, but there's no time to do a proper hem, well...
she improvises!

Measure, safety pin at each end, then tape.
(a stickier tape would probably work better, but this is all I had on the spur of the moment.)
If you use blue tape, as I did, you must rub it in really well or it will come right off.
And if anyone mentions you don't have proper hem stitches on your pants...

tell them to get up off the floor - because that's where they'd have to be to notice.
Also, I wanted to keep the length on these pants so I can still wear them with higher heals, so I didn't want to cut and hem "properly".
All I will need to do is unpin & tear off tape. Couldn't be easier or faster!
(Remember to remove the tape before you launder your garment.)
Do you have pants or skirts you need to shorten for a certain occasion - or pair of shoes - but still need the length for other times - or other shoes?  Try this.  It's a great temporary fix.

No comments: