Purging!
I'm really liking this decluttering thing. So far I've purged so many things out of this place that I now have 3 empty drawers, a half empty drawer, cleared shelf in a kitchen cabinet, and 2 cleared shelves on a bookcase. I also gave our son a card table & chairs, gave our daughter an extra printer we had, and have more stuff to donate. I've only been at it for 4 days at 15 minutes per day. (Except 30 minutes the first day, which was a great boost of encouragement.)
Not too bad, if I say so myself!
When my kids were little, I would tell them, "In 5 minutes we are going to have a 5 minute pick up." We picked up so much more during those times than you would think. Another thing I used to do when they were growing up was spend 10 minutes sewing or mending. I know I started doing things in little segments of time because that's all I had. I couldn't make a whole garment in that little bit of time, but I could sew one seam or put in the zipper, or sew on a button, etc. I had to leave the project out to make it work like that, but before I knew it, I had a garment completed. It was a stress reliever for me to sew, too.
I don't know when I got away from that, but I'm back at it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment